ICT Skills Development Programme
The Caribbean Regional Communications Infrastructure Programme will commence training in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in St.Vincent and the Grenadines from April, 2016.
The CARCIP ICT Skills Development Programme forms part of the government’s overall strategy to increase economic growth, through the enhancement of productivity and technical expertise within the local ICT sector. The programme is currently being implemented by the Ministry of Economic Planning, Sustainable Development, Industry, Information and Labour.
The training will be undertaken in collaboration with the SVG National Centre of Technological Innovation Inc. (NCTI) located in Sharpe Street, Kingstown.
Training Areas Include:
- $20.00 Computer Fundamentals
- $100.00 Computer Application for the Office
- $300.00 Introduction to Programming
- $240.00 Object Oriented Programming Basics
- $300.00 Introduction to Database Design
- $350.00 CompTIA A+
- $350.00 CompTIA Security+
- $320.00 CompTIA Network+
- $160.00 Web Page Design
- $400.00 Introduction to System Design
- $400.00 Mobile Application Design and Development
- Meet the specific course requirements as outlined by the training provider.
- Courses are available to the general public although individuals unemployed and between the ages of 17 – 35 years are especially encouraged to participate.
In Addition; if selected, all participants must:
- Sign a contract with the training provider to assure commitment to completing the specific skills training.
- Agree to be involved in the program’s visibility campaign
- Accept the terms and conditions of the training program set forth by CARCIP and the SVG National Centre of Technological Innovation.
- Commit to completing the programme and attending all classes.
All eligible applicants are expected to contribute twenty percent (20%) of the unit cost of training and certification per person. Contributions will be made in advance, once the training application is approved by SVGNCTI, but prior to registration for the Programme.
Applications must be completed in full and in duplicate (two copies). The completed forms must be emailed to SVGNCTI at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should bear the name of SVGNCTI and Course. Completed applications can also be dropped off at the SVGNCTI office, on Sharpe Street Kingstown (Upstairs the physical planning unit) between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM. Certified copies of academic qualification or job reference letter (where necessary) must be attached to the forms.
*Please note that there is a $25 registration fee for applicants*
4,854 total views, 1 views today